God’s Second Answer (Habakkuk 2:2-5)
The one fundamental of life: the righteous live by faith; the wicked perish in their arrogance.
Woes Upon the Wicked: A Taunt (Habakkuk 2:6-20)
- Woe to the Plundering Government (Habakkuk 2:6-8; Deut. 28:12)
- Woe to the Dishonest Government (Habakkuk 2:9-11)
- Woe to the Violent Government (Habakkuk 2:12-14)
- Woe to the Prideful Government (Habakkuk 2:15-17)
- Woe to the Idolatrous Government (Habakkuk 2:18-20)
Two Big Questions
- If God is sovereign, are men still responsible for their actions?
- Why does a sovereign God allow evil and suffering because of the unrighteousness of others?