It’s been a strange year, hasn’t it? February had 28 days and March had like 350 days. April may be even longer!
With so many schedule changes, I often don’t know what day of the week it is. So, public service announcement: It is Wednesday.
But not just any Wednesday…it’s Wednesday of Holy Week.
- Last Sunday was Palm Sunday – Jesus entered Jerusalem triumphantly
- Today is “Spy Wednesday” – Judas agreed to betray Jesus for 30 pieces of silver
- Maundy Thursday – Jesus celebrated Passover and the “Last Supper” with his disciples
- Good Friday – Jesus was executed on the cross
- Black Saturday – Jesus’ disciples mourned and grieved their loss
- Easter Sunday – Resurrection Day! The grave is empty.
My desire it to be with you in person to celebrate this holiest of weeks. It’s not possible, but we can still celebrate together!
- Join me online at 7 p.m. tomorrow for a Maundy Thursday service. We will share Communion, so make sure you plan ahead with bread and juice.
- Join us online at 7 p.m. Friday for a Good Friday service. There will be worship and my message: “How to Live through a Bad Day.”
- Join us Saturday for a Kid’s Quest Easter parade! Take the kids for a drive to the church “drive through” and we’ll give each of them an Easter Basket…and I can see their smiling faces!
- Join us online for our Easter Service at 10 a.m. I will share a prophetic message YOU need to hear!
All of these online events can be found on New Life Church’s website (www.newlifedenton.org) or on our Facebook page. INVITE YOUR FRIENDS!
Friends, this will be over “soon.” Don’t lose hope. We are resurrection people! He is risen…he is risen, indeed!