5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. (2 Peter 1:5-7, NIV)
Thirty-one Days of Kindness is here! Have you done an act of kindness yet?
Have you ever noticed that we (if we are honest) tend to judge others by their actions but judge ourselves by our intentions? But knowing we need to change and intending to one day change isn’t change. Knowing we need to pray more isn’t getting us any closer to God. Good intentions are a great start, but God works with our actions, not our intentions…
- You aren’t generous until you give
- You aren’t full of grace for your kids until you forgive them
- You aren’t kind to your wife until you’re doing or saying kind things to her
- You aren’t patient until you are long-suffering
- You aren’t a spiritual leader until you’re making steps in a spiritual direction
I’m looking forward to hearing stories of your kindness. Shoot me an email and let me know!
Ephesians 4:32 “Be kind to one another…” #31daysofkindness